Monday, March 24, 2008

Yes 4000

Yes in five years we lost four thousand troops. In the long run it is a good testament of how advanced and smarter the military has gotten. If you compare the death toll the Vietnam conflict then we are truly for ahead of the game.

As a former military soldier I understood that I was Federal property. I was not there just to hang out and get college money. I was there to serve my country and to do what I was ordered to do. I can see if we were like the Vietnam, Korean, WW II and WW I era. They had no choice they were drafted. Don't forget this a volunteer army, navy, marines, and air force.

Instead trying to figure out what we are over there for (oil or what ever), we as citizens need to support our troops. It is not our position to ask why, those men and women who are serving are doing so that we do not have to be drafted, and so that we can get up in the morning to get Starbucks.

No comments: